Thursday 10 April 2014

My App List

Being in a world that is swarmed by technology and coming from a teaching degree with a background of technology, I feel the urge to share with you my essential teacher app list. As I am writing this post, my current original iPad is on it's last legs and can't keep up with my constant usage of it, I hope this tempts fate and it dies forever so I can purchase myself a new one. Needless to say, I am still in love with it from the first day. So I though I'd share a few apps that are essential for my life and well-being. 

Google Drive (free) Google Drive is a free service that allows you to access all your digital files anywhere when you have an internet connection. This app is installed on my iPhone, iPad and Mac mini. Whenever I supply teach, I can access it easily on the school network and have all my supply resources at a click of a button. When you save anything to Google Drive, it automatically saves to all your devices. This app is a must.

GoodNotes 4 (£3.99) GoodNotes is like a digital whiteboard. This app allows you to take notes and annotate PDFs, which can sync to all other devices like Google Drive does. Microsoft Word and PowerPoint files are supported too. A easy-to-use user face is welcomed, you can type with the keyboard, insert images or draw perfect shapes easily. This app is very flexible to your needs and worth the price tag.

Flipboard (free) The social news magazine. A very popular way to gather all your news feeds in one app. Select magazines from the world of education and app news. Can easily connect to your social network sites. I use this a daily cup of tea moment and catch up all the world of news as well as reading the latest news of education. A very handy app.

Evernote (free) Evernote in simple terms helps you remember everything across all of your devices that you use. Your be able to stay organised, save your ideas and improve productivity. If you are fortunate to have an iPads or an iTouch in your classroom, children love this handy app to take notes, capture photos and record voice reminders.

PhatPad (£5.49) PhatPad is a note-taking App that opens with a plain white slate that allows you to take notes with a stylus. A great little gadget within this App is it gears towards inking and includes a palm rest rejection technology, which tells the App to record your writing and ignore the marks from your palm resting on the iPad screen. This App offers everything that you will need to express your ideas, enabling you to draw pictures, jot down notes and insert a mixture of drawings and images.

TagDisk HD (£3.99) If your school is like many and doesn't allow you access to YouTube then this App could be a life saver. For a small price, you can download any video from YouTube and download it straight within the App and can be played back either with WiFi or offline. There's no watermark either on the video which is a plus too.

TED (free) TED is an entire library at your fingertips of educational videos. Updated daily, watch videos from educational radicals and tech gurus.

Hope you have found some of these useful. I use all of these Apps religiously on a daily basis as they make my life as a teacher far more easier by using them.

Mr. W

No comments:

Post a Comment